Senior Writer: Naina khare
Customer success software strives to improve customer relationships while ensuring business success. Not being aware of customers’ pain points, product satisfaction levels, and friction areas hinders customer experience, increases customer churn, and reduces retention.
This is why it is important to know how to deliver the best B2B customer experience. Businesses need to walk the extra mile to provide a differential experience to loyal customers and delight them.
There are various tools available in the market to enhance customer experience and help organizations retain customers. At a time when a 5% increase in customer retention can increase your revenue by 25-95%, we really cannot afford to miss out on leveraging customer success software.
But the market is flooded with customer success software, and picking the right software for your business is challenging. So, we have curated a list of the best customer success software with features, pros & cons (based on customer reviews), and pricing. Read along!
What is Customer Success Software?
Customer success software help businesses ensure that their customers reach the anticipated outcome(s) with their products. The results are increased revenue, loyal customers, and sustainable growth.
Customer success platforms analyze customer experience to incorporate customer feedback, fine-tune the product for better adoption, and improve customer satisfaction. This software extracts data from your existing database to automatically present a holistic view of your customers–experiences and strategy success.
Customer success tools also provide a health score to anticipate future customer satisfaction and churn risk, identify friction points, indicate upsell opportunities, and increase retention rates.
Why Do Businesses Need Customer Success Software?
Customer success is the foundation on which your business lies. Not using the right customer success tools will hinder your company’s growth. Apart from that, here’s why businesses need the best CSM software:
1. Churn reduction
Customer success software’s health scores gauge how your customers use your product, determine their satisfaction level, and identify high-risk customers. This helps you focus on retaining them with contextual marketing campaigns and personalized messages.
2. Increase customer retention
Customer success platforms help you understand customer journeys, needs, and health scores. You can then optimize your product for improved adoption and increase customer satisfaction and retention.
Know more about customer journey analytics to improve customer retention.
3. Maximize efficiency
Customer success software’s intelligence is unbeatable. When triggered, it automatically sends consistent, personalized messages based on customer segment, which increases product/service renewals and reduces costs.
Top 20 Customer Success Software for 2023
Are you looking for the best CSM software but confused about which one to opt for? Here’s a detailed overview of the top 20 customer success software for you to make an informed decision.
Hubspot’s customer service software enables customer success teams to build strong customer relationships, boost team efficiency, and create frictionless connections with the front office. The service hub is connected to Hubspot’s full CRM platform to improve customer service delivery.
- Automated email responses
- Lead nurturing
- Brand-based feedback form creation
- Supports customer data consolidation for a centralized view
- Simple user interface
- Saves time by supporting automated drip campaigns
- High price
- Complex roles and permissions settings
- Starter: $45/month
- Professional: $450/month
- Enterprise: $1,200/month
Gainsight is a customer success tool that aims to scale your retention efforts, renewals management, and customer engagement. It also helps reduce onboarding time, increase product adoption, arrest churn, and grow customer communities.
- Customer activity tracking
- Collect feedback
- Customer health scores
- Best for data retrieval as it supports custom fields for data capture from multiple channels
- Strong integration with multiple software
- Configurable dashboards to fit unique business needs
- Clunky user interface
- No auto-complete system fields option
ChurnZero is one of the best customer success software that gives you a competitive advantage by providing useful user data–changes in customer health or expansion opportunities. It pulls and consolidates data from across the customer lifecycle for a centralized overview.
- Sentiment analysis
- Churn management
- Customer segmentation
- Provides customer engagement metrics and usage insights to optimize actions accordingly
- Automates operational tasks, saving time
- Great support team
- No automatic reports/dashboards creation
- Integration with customer success systems is difficult
Totango is a scalable, flexible, composable customer success platform that helps you drive revenue, increase renewals, and boost retention. It enables you to design, measure, and iterate customer experiences that generate revenue and deliver the highest value.
- High-volume email sending
- Product engagement analysis
- Churn risk calculation
- Seamless customer data organization
- Allows to import reports from Salesforce
- Multi-dimensional customer health measurement to gauge satisfaction
- Slow responsive pages
- Lacks data visualization tools
- Starter: $249/month
- Growth: $1099/month
- Enterprise: Request demo
ClientSuccess is a customer success platform to increase customer retention and boost your company’s growth. From onboarding and product adoption to renewals and growing your customers, ClientSuccess walks along throughout.
- Custom triggers
- Data import and export tools
- Revenue forecasting
- Email app integration for better customer communication threads view/analysis
- Custom-tracking your metrics helps with quick data retrieval
- Learns and improves predictions based on past customer behavior and growing database
- Report customizations unavailable
- Superficial data analysis
Zendesk Suite is an easy-to-use, complete customer service solution that meets your growing business needs with its advanced features and automation. Nurture customer relationships with Zendesk’s personalized support ticketing system.
- Live-chat tools for your website
- Custom chatbot to match your branding
- User experience ticketing system
- Tracks customer behavior for personalized targetting
- Set follow-up reminders to build strong customer relationships
- Set triggers for ticket updates and new tickets, so you don’t miss out on any customer
- Difficult to navigate and customize reporting and analytics
- Doesn’t support manual customer surveys
- Suite Team: $49/agent/month
- Suite Growth: $79/agent/month
- Suite Professional: $99/agent/month
Custify is a customer success software for SaaS to reduce churn rate and boost customer retention while driving revenue. It helps you closely understand your customer lifecycle to effortlessly spot upsell opportunities that take your business off the ground.
- Discovers and highlights factors leading to upselling opportunities
- Customer actions alert
- Customer profiles based on CRMs, marketing tools, financial systems, and service desks
- Improve customer relationship management with a holistic dashboard containing customer insights, information, and communication
- Gain in-depth product usage insights via calculated metric builder
- Helps you arrest churn by identifying high-risk customers via churn risk calculator
- No integration with Zoom to link the site with customer calls
- No real-time integration with Zapier and Hubspot
With Catalyst, strategy creation, customer data reporting, and problem-solving are quick and smooth. Why? Because it gives a holistic view of customers’ health. Not just that, forecasting revenue and driving account growth is also a part of the deal.
- Marketing metrics
- Zero-touch renewals
- Forecast revenue
- Creates complete customer profile for quick reference
- Allows notes updation and task creation for easy spotting of high-priority accounts
- Workflow automation for efficient operations
- Setting up custom modules is challenging
- Bugs in new features
Planhat, a flexible customer success management software, strengthens customer relationship without compromising your business needs. Delight your customers with a better experience with Planhat by taking data-driven actions.
- Secured 360-view of customer data
- No-code automation
- Storyboards and presentation creation
- Risk management tools make you proactive
- 360-degree customer views for faster decisions and solutions
- Helps you customize your pricing and billing terms (recurring, one-time, usage)
- Fewer customization for the dashboard
- No default filter for the data page
- Basic/Professional/Enterprise: Contact sales for a custom quote
Whatfix is a Digital Adoption Platform that aims to boost your product adoption. With its in-app customized nudges, you can make your app intuitive, boost users’ productivity, and ensure successful digital initiatives.
- Audio-visual and text bubble walkthroughs
- User segmentation
- Customizes messaging as per user behavior and feedback
- Extremely user-friendly, even with little coding experience
- Consistently responsive support team
- Addresses feedback via new and relevant feedback management features
- Some features require deep technical know-how
- Lack of flexibility in content design
Strikedeck, a customer success platform, helps you increase customer success management productivity, analyze usage trends, reduce churn rate, and observe customer health in a centralized space.
- Structured and unstructured data analysis
- Real-time reporting
- Gathers customer experience data from multiple sources
- Set automated custom triggers to seamlessly and quickly manage customer interactions
- Create Net Promoter Score Survey to gauge customer satisfaction
- Highly responsive customer support
- Difficult to navigate
- Costly third-party integrations
Intercom takes pride in building a strong customer relationship by creating a customized success plan for you to achieve your business goals. Business leaders like Facebook and Microsoft rely on Intercom for customer success.
- Service level agreement management
- Supports attachments with support tickets
- Sharable customer issues ticket (among multiple reps)
- Supports real-time messaging between teams for impactful conversations
- CTA creation for sales teams facilitates quick actions for customer success
- Macros feature allows to answer FAQs which is more effective than chatbots
- High price per user
- No multilingual communication option
- Support/Engage/Convert: Request a demo
Podium, a customer service platform, manages all your customer communications, including reviews and website conversations. Convert leads with Podium’s webchats, and text campaigns feature.
- Social networks monitoring
- Bulk SMS for marketing campaigns
- Audience segmentation
- Gives real-time competitors’ move updates for quick action
- Gauge performance of brand establishment and marketing campaigns
- Sends targeted emails for better customer engagement
- Text campaigns require manual efforts
- No customer call recordings available
- Essentials: $249/month
- Standard: $409/month
- Professional: $599/month
Skilljar is an enterprise-grade customer training platform that provides useful customer success tools to smoothly engage customers and onboard and retain them on a large scale. With Skilljar, build customized learning portals and track learners’ progress to skyrocket customer success.
- Content delivery and tracking
- Content storage and management
- Learner tracker for data and analytics
- Configurable and easy learning environment for businesses of all sizes
- Supports module creation from different content types–video or PDF
- Offer self-paced training from a central place
- Prices are high for small businesses
- Limited design templates
Vitally is one of its kind customer success platform designed especially for today’s customer success teams. Improve your net retention rate and deliver top-notch customer experience efficiently with Vitally. Its highly functional features improve efficiency.
- Vitally hub—workspace to organize dashboards, projects, customer data, and more
- Customer data powered docs
- Compact project tracking
- Customer success blueprints—best practices compiled by customer success experts to help you achieve desired results
- Deliver consistent customer experiences with team processes and documentation at a centralized location
- Save time with an automated visual workflow builder
- No calendar in the dashboards to manage scheduled meetings
- Slow load times
- Tech/Hybrid/High touch: Contact sales for a custom quote
Accelo is a top-notch all-in-one system that enables service businesses to focus on strategic tasks by catering to their operations. Get a quick overview of business operations with Accelo’s dashboard without draining time tracking invoices/quotes on different platforms.
- Data import and export tools
- Sales opportunity and pipeline management
- Call center features like call recording, call script management, and call analytics
- Platform is consistently uptime
- Access sales, quotes, billing, and projects in one place to improve efficiency
- Retainer-based tracking is easy, flexible, and makes Accelo stand apart
- Questionable customer service
- Customers have reported bugs in the software
- Plus: $24/product/user/month
- Premium: $39/product/user/month
CSB is a customer success tool (AI-powered) for B2B SaaS companies to onboard, retain, upsell, and grow monthly recurring revenue. With CSB’s real-time account health, take instant action while tracking customer success management.
- Direct call option to connect with customers
- Call recording for past conversation tracking
- Email, chat, issue support requests sync with separate customer accounts
- High-level customization of dashboard for better data retrieval
- Monitor overall customer relationships with Playbook to take required action
- Real-time insights on individual customer account to stay updated
- Doesn’t show email activity report even after syncing
- Dashboard functions have a learning curve
- Tech touch/High touch/Enterprise/CS intelligence: Request a demo
Tidio, one of the highly-rated customer success platforms for small and medium businesses, helps you boost sales with exemplary customer service. With Tidio, make your business available 24*7 by engaging your customers with live chat and AI-powered chatbots.
- 24*7 live chat for businesses
- AI-powered chatbots for real-time conversations with customers
- A/B testing to measure the efficiency of your responses
- Provides easy-to-integrate chat widget with business websites
- Tracks email customer conversations to understand their views about the product
- Co-browsing allows you to browse the website with the customer to understand their behavior in real-time
- Chat widget doesn’t support video/call
- Doesn’t support simultaneous customer chats
- Starter: $20/month
- Communicator: $19/month
- Chatbots: $19/month
EverAfter is a customer success platform that facilitates automated customer journeys to cut down manual work of customer success team. Scale your customer experience without increasing CS headcount and make your customers self-sufficient with its onboarding hub.
- Highlights factors indicating upsell opportunities
- Widget creation–contracts, tasks, call recording, and more
- Branded customer hubs creation–written and video resources
- Personalized, automated customer onboarding process creation saves time
- Share content based on customer segments for better targeting
- Generate and send business review slides to accounts with low Annual Recurring Revenue to attract them
- Some tasks require manual efforts
- Branding color palettes and layout has customization limitations
- Business/Enterprise: Get a demo
ProfitWell is a customer success tool that helps your customer success team track customer journey, understand reasons for churn, and take actions to expand revenue. ProfitWell’s products are created to solve the real-world problems businesses face today.
- Granular view of customer retention data
- Financial performance tracking of your offerings
- Benchmarks facilitating comparison of SaaS metrics, growth, and unit economics with competitors
- Highly accessible KPI insights for decision making
- Sends upgrade/downgrade updates to optimize marketing
- Spots subscribers with low/no activity for you to focus on retaining them
- Customer retention emails are not optimizable
- No complete view of revenue metrics for revenue management
- Enterprise: Contact sales for a custom quote
Delivering highly-functional products leads to customer loyalty and satisfaction, adding to your company’s revenue. But to upgrade your product’s functionality such that it adds the highest value to your customers, you need to address their concerns and deliver the best customer service.
This is where the right customer success software platform comes in. It ensures that your customers achieve their objectives and the outcomes you envisioned with your product.
What are you waiting for? Select the most relevant software from our list and get started!
Customer Success Software FAQ's
Customer success is analyzing customer pain points (challenges/questions) and providing solutions. It involves ensuring that customers' needs are met with your product.
AIt refers to onboarding, training, building relationships, and providing support in a way that helps customers reach their goals with your products.
It provides a 360-degree view of your customer relationships, giving you actionable insights to increase retention and reduce churn.
Here are 5 common features of customer success management software:
- Account-based marketing
- Digital Analytics
- Customer monitoring
- Custom triggers
Yes. With Salesforce customer success tools and resources, you can easily make your efforts customer-centric, fulfilling customer needs and achieving organizational success.