Senior Writer: controlhippo
WhatsApp has become a go-to app for personal and business communication, connecting people across the globe. Its seamless interface, cross-platform accessibility, and a wide range of features have made it a preferred choice for individuals and businesses. Over 80% of customers that engage with businesses on WhatsApp end up placing an order!
The introduction of WhatsApp Business App has opened new avenues for enterprises to build meaningful relationships with their audience, promote products and services, and provide efficient whatsapp customer service. In this article, we’ll talk about how you can schedule messages on WhatsApp through different platforms.
"Embrace the potential of WhatsApp Business App to connect with your customers on a personal level. Be responsive, offer valuable content, and use automation wisely. Respect privacy and build trust to create a strong and loyal customer base. Remember, engaging with your audience authentically is key to leveraging the true power of WhatsApp for your business success."
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Android?
WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature for scheduling messages on Android devices. There are third-party apps and workarounds that you can use to schedule WhatsApp messages.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to schedule WhatsApp messages on Android using a third-party app called “SKEDit” –
Step 1: Download and Install the SKEDit App
Go to the Google Play Store and search for “
– Scheduler for WhatsApp.” Download and install the app on your Android device.
Step 2: Launch the SKEDit App
Open the SKEDit app once it’s installed on your phone.
Step 3: Sign Up or Log In
If you’re using SKEDit for the first time, sign up for an account using your email or log in if you already have an account.
Step 4: Add WhatsApp to SKEDit
In the app, select “WhatsApp” from the list of supported apps and grant the necessary permissions when prompted.
Step 5: Compose Your Message
Create the WhatsApp message you want to schedule. You can add text, emojis, images, or even attachments, just like you would in WhatsApp.
Step 6: Schedule the Message
After composing your message, choose the date and time when you want the message to be sent.
Step 7: Set Recipients
Select the recipients from your WhatsApp contacts who will receive the scheduled message.
Step 8: Confirm and Schedule
Review all the details and tap on the “Schedule” button to schedule the WhatsApp message.
Step 9: Await the Scheduled Time
The SKEDit app will automatically send the WhatsApp message at the scheduled time, and you don’t need to keep the app open or take any further action.
It’s important to note that using third-party apps for scheduling WhatsApp messages may have limitations and potential risks. For instance, the WhatsApp scheduler app may require access to your WhatsApp account, and there could be privacy and security concerns. Always exercise caution and review the permissions required by the app before using it.
You May Also Read : How to Send 1000 WhatsApp Messages at Once?
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on an iPhone?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to schedule WhatsApp messages on an iPhone using a third-party app –
- Go to the App Store and locate the “Shortcuts” app. Install it on your device.
- Once the app is open, select “Automation” from the options.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner to create personal automation.
- Choose a specific time and date for the scheduled message and proceed by tapping “next.”
- Add an action by selecting “Add Action” and then search for “Text” in the search bar. Choose “Text” from the list.
- Type in your desired WhatsApp message in the provided text field.
- Tap the “+” icon after entering the message, and in the pop-up search box, type “WhatsApp.”
- Select “Send Message Through WhatsApp” from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Choose the contact you want to schedule the WhatsApp message for, and then tap “Next > Done.”
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on WhatsApp Web?
You can easily schedule promotional WhatsApp messages on your computer using browser extensions or add-ons. These extensions integrate with your browser and allow you to access additional features, including message scheduling.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp Web
- Open your preferred web browser on your computer.
- Visit the WhatsApp Web URL (web.whatsapp.com) and scan the QR code with your WhatsApp mobile app to log in.
Step 2: Install a Message Scheduling Extension
- Go to the Chrome Web Store (or the relevant extension/add-on marketplace for your browser).
- Search for “WhatsApp message scheduler” or similar keywords.
- Choose a suitable extension and click on “Add to Chrome” (or the respective button for your browser).
Step 3: Compose and Schedule the Message
- Once the extension is installed, open WhatsApp Web in your browser.
- Compose the message you want to schedule, just as you would for an immediate message.
- Instead of clicking the send button, look for the message scheduling option provided by the extension (usually an icon or an additional button).
Step 4: Set the Schedule
- Click on the message scheduling option and select the date and time when you want the message to be sent.
- Confirm the schedule, and the message will be scheduled for that specific date and time.
Step 5: Await the Scheduled Time
- The extension will automatically send the scheduled WhatsApp message at the specified date and time, without any additional action required from you.
Please be aware that using browser extensions for scheduling WhatsApp messages may have limitations and potential risks. Some extensions may require access to your WhatsApp account or personal information. Always review the permissions required by the extension before installation and use.
You May Also Read : How To Use WhatsApp Business Web?
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on the Business App?
While WhatsApp Business App does not have a built-in feature for scheduling messages, businesses can still schedule WhatsApp messages on the Business App using third-party tools or services that integrate with WhatsApp Business API.
Step 1: Choose a WhatsApp Business API Provider
To schedule messages on the WhatsApp Business App, you’ll need to work with a WhatsApp Business API provider that offers message scheduling as part of their services. There are various providers available, so choose one that meets your business needs.
Step 2: Set Up an Account with the Provider
Sign up and set up an account with the selected WhatsApp Business API provider. This will involve providing your business information and integrating your WhatsApp Business account with their platform.
Step 3: Compose and Schedule the Message
Once your account is set up, use the provider’s platform to compose the WhatsApp message you want to schedule. You can add text, images, and other media just like you would in the WhatsApp Business App.
Step 4: Set the Schedule
Choose the date and time when you want the message to be sent. Some providers may also offer options for selecting the recipients and specifying time zones.
Step 5: Confirm and Schedule
Review the scheduled message details, and if everything is in order, confirm the schedule. The provider’s platform will take care of sending the message at the specified time.
Step 6: Await the Scheduled Time
The WhatsApp Business API provider will automatically send the scheduled message at the designated date and time without requiring any further action from you.
It’s important to note that using third-party WhatsApp Business API providers for scheduling messages may have costs associated with their services. Additionally, make sure to choose a reputable and compliant provider to ensure data security and adherence to WhatsApp’s policies.
Scheduling WhatsApp messages can be particularly valuable for time-sensitive promotions, personalized communications, and coordinated marketing campaigns. Whether it’s sending limited-time offers, seasonal promotions, or follow-up messages, scheduling allows businesses to maintain a consistent and engaging presence on the platform without manual intervention.
As the WhatsApp platform evolves and new updates are introduced, it’s essential for businesses to keep an eye out for any native scheduling features or improvements to the WhatsApp Business App. WhatsApp’s commitment to enhancing the business experience may lead to the integration of scheduling functionalities in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
WhatsApp schedulers are generally safe to use, but it depends on the third-party app or service you choose. Ensure you pick a reputable and secure option to protect your data and maintain user privacy.
WhatsApp doesn't have a built-in feature for timed texts. You can use third-party apps like "Shortcuts" on iPhones or browser extensions on WhatsApp Web for scheduling messages.
WhatsApp doesn't have a native message timer feature. You can schedule messages using external tools like "Scheduled - Schedule your text messages" on iPhones or browser extensions on WhatsApp Web.
Open the chat, tap the contact/group name, go to "Disappearing Messages," and select "On." The messages will automatically disappear after 24 hours in that chat.